if you ask me, Troicki said about the chair umpire. He should be the one whos fined. Im not saying he cost me the match, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wangzonghui
wangzonghui Oct 11
BARCELONA, Spain -- Canadian divers Jennifer Abel and Pamela Ware earned bronze in the womens three-metre synchronized springboard at the world championships on Saturday. Lanny McDonald Maple Leafs Jersey Authentic . Abel, from Laval, Que., and Ware, a Beloeil, Que., native, scored 292.08 for Canadas second medal at the event. Eric Hedlin of Victoria won Canadas first with a silver in the mens five-kilometre open water competition. Chinas Wu Minxia and Shi Tingmao took the three-metre gold, earning Wu a record sixth world title, while Italys Tania Cagnotto and Francesca Dallape claimed silver with 307.80. Abel is a two-time Olympian who teamed with Emilie Heymans the last two seasons earning bronze at the 2012 Olympics and silver at the last worlds in 2011 in Shanghai. This year, Abel and Ware have enjoyed success together winning three international medals and two Canadian titles. "I dont think we have come close yet to reaching our full potential," said Abel. "I think we showed today how strong we are mentally by never giving up. We have a similar style and show a lot of height and power on our dives. Im excited about the future." The Canadian pair had a rough start and were in 10th place with two dives remaining. However they climbed to sixth in the fourth round and third after their fifth and final twisting dive earned them a string of 7.5s and 8.0s. Ware said the early rounds just fired her up. "I was pretty angry going into that fourth dive," said the 20-year-old. "I was so pleased we got it in and then we sealed it with a great last dive." The Chinese pairs almost flawless execution of all five dives framed by the dramatic backdrop of Barcelonas skyline gave them the top total score of 338.40 points. Wu has won nine world or Olympic gold medals in the three-metre synchronized springboard. The only major title to escape her was the 2005 world championship when she didnt compete in the event. This was Wus first major competition with Shi, who won gold in the one-metre springboard at the 2011 worlds. Oussama Mellouli of Tunisia clocked 53 minutes 30.4 seconds to win the mens open water. Hedlin was 1.2 seconds behind, and five-time world champion Thomas Lurz of Germany finished third, 1.8 back. "I am really happy because I didnt expect (to beat Lurz)," Hedlin said. "It felt pretty good. I was trying to hold a top position and stay in everyones draft. In the final sprint Oussama was so much quicker than me and I couldnt do anything to beat him." Earlier, Chinas Li Shixin topped the preliminaries in the mens one-metre springboard. Li, the defending one-metre springboard champion, led the mens qualification for Mondays final with 405 points, but a poor last dive let Frances Matthieu Rosset finish only 0.5 points behind. Li looked ready to end the preliminaries with a commanding points difference until he missed with a three-and-a-half somersault pike on the sixth and final dive and barely edged Rosset for the top spot. Illya Kvasha of Ukraine was third in qualifying, followed by Alejandro Chavez of Mexico in fourth and Sebastian Morales of Colombia in fifth. Francois Imbeau-Dulac of St-Lazare, Que., placed 27th. In synchronized swimming action, Chloe Isaac of Brossard, Que., took sixth in the solo technical final. Svetlana Romashina of Russia won the gold medal with 96.800 points, Xuechen Huang of China was second at 95.500 and Ballastero Carbonell of Spain third at 94.400. In the team technical preliminaries, Russia stands first with 96.500 points, Spain is second at 94.700 and Ukraine third at 93.200. Japan follows in fourth at 92.200 and Canada performing a new routine called Army is fifth at 90.100. In the routine, the Canadians were a female army and the theme allowed the swimmers to display the precise technical requirements for the event. "This was the first time we performed this routine and we were really excited about showing it to the public after working on it for six months," said Thomas, the team technical captain. "The result wasnt something we were going to be concerned about. We just wanted to deliver a solid performance." Doug Gilmour Maple Leafs Jersey Authentic . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Garret Sparks Maple Leafs Jersey Authentic . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. http:///...e-leafs-jersey-c-37/ . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. LONDON -- Serena Williams and Viktor Troicki were fined $10,000 apiece on Saturday at Wimbledon for unsportsmanlike conduct.The biggest amount deducted from a players paycheck at this years tournament so far was the $12,000 for Britains Heather Watson, for jamming her racket into the grass.The No. 1-seeded Williams fine was from her second-round victory over Christina McHale at Centre Court on Friday. She smashed her racket repeatedly against the turf while sitting in her sideline chair after dropping the first set, then flung the piece of equipment so far behind her that it landed in the lap of a TV cameraman.Afterward, Williams said she knew she would lose some money and joked about having not yet met her quota for harming rackets this season.Ive cracked a number of rackets throughout my career. Ive gotten fined a number of times for cracking rackets. In fact, I look at it like I didnt crack one at the French Open or Rome, so I was doing really good, Williams said. I dont want to go too long without cracking a racket. You know, Im on track. I try to crack a certain amount a year. Im a little behind this year, so it was good.Troicki, a Serb seeded 25th, was punished for his tirade against chair umpire Damiano Torella at the end of a five-set loss in the second round on Thursday.Worst umpire ever in the world! What are you doing? Did you see the ball? Troicki screamed, also telling Torella: Youre horrible!The outburst was promptedd by a call as Troickis opponent, Albert Ramos-Vinolas, served for the match at 5-3 in the final set. Mats Sundin Maple Leafs Jersey. At 30-all, Ramos-Vinolas hit a serve that initially was called out by a linesman behind Troicki. It was not clear, exactly, who changed that ruling, but Torella announced the score had become 40-30, crediting Ramos-Vinolas with an ace and pushing him to match point.Later, speaking to a small group of reporters, Troicki said about Torella: He has no experience, no knowledge about anything. Hes just sitting there, calling the score, not trying to watch the ball.The umpire gave Troicki a warning for unsportsmanlike conduct. When play resumed, Ramos-Vinolas hit a serve that Troicki returned long with a backhand to end the match.After the two players met at the net for a handshake, Troicki approached Torella again, waving a hand at him and saying: Do you know what you did? three times.Troicki carried on, then headed directly from Court 17 to the tournament referees office to explain his displeasure.He should be also fined, if you ask me, Troicki said about the chair umpire. He should be the one whos fined. Im not saying he cost me the match, but he cost me an important point which could have changed the outcome of the match.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '